People wonder why more and more children are being seen by chiropractors. The answer is simple: no matter your age, a misaligned spine can cause pain and nerve distress that can result in a myriad of health issues.
“HELPING YOUR CHILDREN GROW AND DEVELOP TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL”
Your child’s health is their greatest asset. At Merrell Healing Arts, our goal is to provide you with the best care and plans to help your child grow and thrive in the most natural way possible. Come in today to find out more about chiropractic and nutritional medicine.
10 Reasons Parents Take Their Children to See a Chiropractor
- To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
- To support their child’s overall health and wellbeing.
- To help strengthen their child’s immunity and potentially reduce the incidence of colds, earaches and general illness.
- To assist with colic, acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome.
- To help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies.
- To encourage good spinal posture.
- To help improve their child’s ability to concentrate.
- To assist with behavioral disorders.
- To help alleviate digestive problems.
- To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues.
Newborns and Babies
During pregnancy and birth, a tremendous amount of stress is but on a baby’s body, spine and nervous system. If there’s stress on the nerves, it can contribute to problems such as:
- Sleep issues
- Decreased immunity
- Ear infections
- Poor digestion
- Spitting up
During the first year of your child’s life, they roll over, lift their head, sit up, crawl and stand. Even if they don’t have any concerning symptoms after birth, regular chiropractic checks can make sure they hit all these important milestones.
The Gentlest Touch
Children and infants are delicate and so is our approach to their care. Craniosacral Therapy uses gentle touch – about the weight of a nickel- to release tension deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction.